Balloons in the Classroom: About Me


How did a teacher get into balloon twisting?
I love kids, art, and performing, so it's a natural fit for me. A friend of mine introduced me to ballooning, and I got hooked. To read the full story, which involves film making and balloon twisting conventions, click HERE.

How long have you been teaching?
This is my 9th year teaching in my current school, and my 12th year teaching total. I have worked with all ages, Kindergarten through High School, but I prefer the middle years, like 5th and 6th grade. For more about my teaching experience, click HERE.

What do you teach?
Yes, we actually do a lot more than balloon twisting in class. We also do more than just world geography. Actually, as Humanities Area Lead Teacher, I teach two American History units and two World Geography units. I also serve as a homebase teacher for a wonderful group of 5th and 6th graders. For more about my curriculum, click HERE.

Do you do balloon twisting in the classroom?
As balloon twisting has become a larger part of my life, I have started to incorporate twisting into my teaching. For instance, any student that I teach gets a "birthday balloon" of his or her choosing. To see some photos of balloons that I've made in the classroom, click HERE




Balloon Hat Class Photo 2006
Note: some faces are blurred because I want to be
respectful of parents' internet permissions.

How do you balance work as a balloon twister and a teacher? I am available to do balloon twisting whenever it doesn't conflict with my full time teaching job. I have done many types of parties, carnivals, and special events. I also love to travel, and I enjoy twisting balloon creations for children and adults abroad.

Where can I see photos of your work?
I have compiled my favorite photos HERE. For the full catalogue of event photos, click HERE. For photos from my travels, click HERE.


How can I learn more about balloon twisting? 
First of all, look around my website! If you're still curious, there are lots of great balloon resources out there. Check out the following LINKS. 

Where are you located?
I do balloon work throughout the Greater Boston community, but most often in downtown Boston, Cambridge, Somerville, and the North and West suburbs.


How can I hire you?
Please email me if you are interested in learning more about my work, or take a look around my website. I love getting out there to try new types of ballooning. I look forward to hearing from you. Email sara@globetwisting.com!


Balloon Food Class Photo (for Cookbook Cover) 2008
Note: some faces are blurred because I want to be
respectful of parents' internet permissions.